Mike deVaux RHU®, REBC®
Broker / Owner
Mike specializes in the design, implementation and ongoing management of competitive employee benefit platforms for employers of all size. A large part of his practices specializes in working with companies doing work for the federal government. He enhances the client experience by integrated technology solutions that support client operations and the employee experience. The service level of Keystone goes well beyond the traditional broker service level to provide totally integrated operations support daily functions, as well as provide strategic planning for the company leadership.
Mike enjoys RVing with his family and friends. They have a tradition of spending Thanksgiving and New Years at Disney’s Fort Wilderness camping with friends. His kids, Michael and Madison, really like to go RVing with the family as they are guaranteed to get to sleep with mom or dad on the trip.
Mike enjoys golfing, fishing and shooting. Also, spending time investing in real estate. He and his wife like to watch their kids play sports or play video games with them.
Mike personally likes to cook and hopes to take some cooking courses this year.
Mike and his family are involved in their Church, The Church of the Redeemer.
“I am a Navy Reservist and have been serving for over 23 years. On active duty from 1990 to 2000 I was an F/A-18C Hornet Pilot and flew as a Navy exchange pilot flying the F-15C Eagle. I have over 1500 hours of fighter jet experience and over 300 aircraft carrier landings.
I continue to serve the U.S. Navy as a Commander in the Navy Reserve. Currently assigned to US Central Command (CENTCOM) in Tampa, FL.”Professional Experience
Mike’s expertise is working with employers that provide services to the government. He understands the special requirements for those that work for the government to include DCAA Audits, Vet 100 Reporting, and Service Contract Act. He specializes in integration of technology to provide efficient administration and support geographically dispersed organizations.
He provides strategic planning to help companies manage benefit costs while growing.
“Our seamless integration allows our clients to maintain lean HR staffing while providing exceptional benefit service to their employees and their families.”
Certification & Awards:
- Registered Health Underwriter (RHU) American College
- Registered Employee Benefit Consultant (REBC) American College
- United States Naval Academy – Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Graduated with Distinction Class of 1990
- Florida 8(a) Alliance
- Junior Achievement Skate to Educate Program
- Harmony Farms (Melbourne, FL)
- 5 Star Charity (helps veterans with housing)
- Jacksonville Humana Society
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Holt International (charity supporting orphaned children worldwide)
Phone: (904) 464-0888 ext. 207
Mike enjoy cooking “Unbelievable Chicken” for family and friends.
This has become one of our new favorite recipe for our camping trips with family and friends at Thanksgiving and New Years. This unusual combination of common ingredients is fabulous! Everyone who tastes it asks me to share the recipe. You will love it and the many compliments you get – I promise!
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsps prepared coarse-ground mustard
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Ground black pepper to taste
6 tbsps olive oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. In a large glass bowl, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the prepared grill, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Discard marinade.
Located at 4320 Deerwood Lake Pkwy, Crazy Sushi is the best sushi restaurant we have found in Jacksonville. We love to try new and different sushi items. Our kids Michael and Madison really enjoy eating there and I enjoy a hot sake every once in a while!
My favorite is the Volcano Roll and the kids favorite are Philadelphia Rolls.