DOL to Increase Federal Contractor Minimum Wage & 5 HR Trends to Monitor in 2022 – HR Brief – January 2022
In the January 2022 HR Brief, we cover:
- DOL Announces Rule to Increase Federal Contractor Minimum Wage
- Executive Order 13658 increases the minimum wage rate to $11.25 per hour on Jan. 1, 2022 ($7.90 for tipped employees). It applies to contracts awarded on or between Jan. 1, 2015, and Jan. 29, 2022, that are neither renewed nor extended on or after Jan. 30, 2022.
- Executive Order 14026 increases the minimum wage rate to $15 per hour on Jan. 30, 2022 ($10.50 for tipped employees). This order applies to contracts entered into on or after Jan. 30, 2022, and contracts renewed or extended on or after Jan. 30, 2022.
- Five HR Trends to Monitor in 2022
- Most workplace leaders expect that at least some of their employees will work remotely after the pandemic. As such, many employers will factor in hybrid work when creating or updating workplace policies and processes.
- The current labor shortage has been an obstacle for most employers and is likely to continue into the new year.
- Click the button below for the rest!