DOL Reminds Employers to Prioritize Safety for Youth & EEOC and DOJ Issue Guidance on AI and ADA Discrimination
In the July 2022 HR Brief, we cover:
- DOL Reminds Employers to Prioritize Safety for Summer Youth Hires
- Child labor laws can vary based on the industry and state. Failing to comply with the FLSA can result in significant consequences for employers.
- EEOC and DOJ Issue Guidance on Artificial Intelligence and ADA Disability Discrimination
- The EEOC’s new guidance focuses on the following three ways an employer’s use of software tools for employment decisions may violate the ADA.
- The DOJ’s new guidance provides a broad overview of rights and responsibilities under the ADA. It also outlines examples of the types of software tools employers use, clarifies that employers must consider various disabilities when designing or choosing their software, and explains when an employer using software tools must provide a reasonable accommodation.