Return-to-Work Mask Policies & Open Enrollment 2021- HR Brief – September 2021
In the September 2021 HR Brief, we cover:
- Updated CDC Guidance on Mask-wearing
- The CDC’s updated guidance now recommends that fully vaccinated individuals wear masks in public indoor settings when in areas with high or substantial transmission of COVID-19..
- Employers should note that these guidelines from the CDC are recommendations and are not legally binding.
- COVID-19 and Open Enrollment 2021
- As employees juggled their personal responsibilities in front of their managers and colleagues, many employers adjusted benefits plans to accommodate this new pandemic reality.
- The most common benefits changes during the pandemic, driven by employee desires, include the following:
- Increased access to mental health benefits
- Flexibility for child care and elder care
- Changes in vacation and paid-time-off policies